9.29.2006

 

Blog F/X

Because I'm lucky enough to live in Indiana, I often run into people we went to high school with. I work with some of them. This week I was talking with one of these girls, Deb, about class reunions. I mentioned Tabishfest and how it was so nice to reconnect with friends and how everyone commented that this was the type of reunion they enjoyed. This conversation prompted her to go home and google an old school friend. She found the friend's sister-in-law, called her, got her friend's number and called the friend. They talked and planned their own reunion. Deb said she wouldn't have done this if I hadn't told her about Tabfest.

The moral of my story is "Don't be afraid to reconnect". And to all you lurkers out there, jump in. It's not difficult and we would love to hear from you. Even if you just say "Hi".

Comments:
It was cuz of yinz guys that I came up with the two-word epigraph of my novel, Howard's End: "Only Connect."
 
Good story, Nell. Maybe our fellow bloggers can serve as models and inspirations for other alienated, dissconnected former high-schoolers out there.
 
My high school friends drive me nuts.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?