8.06.2006

 

Top 25, Part 1

Okay, simple question. Top 25 songs from 1976, then we'll do the years after. Which is your most favorite, least favorite, and which do you not remember AT ALL?

1. Silly Love Songs, Paul McCartney and Wings
2. Don't Go Breaking My Heart, Elton John and Kiki Dee
3. Disco Lady, Johnnie Taylor
4. December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night), Four Seasons
5. Play That Funky Music, Wild Cherry
6. Kiss And Say Goodbye, Manhattans
7. Love Machine (Part 1), The Miracles
8. 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover, Paul Simon
9. Love Is Alive, Gary Wright
10. A Fifth Of Beethoven, Walter Murphy and The Big Apple Band
11. Sara Smile, Daryl Hall and John Oates
12. Afternoon Delight, Starland Vocal Band
13. I Write The Songs, Barry Manilow
14. Fly, Robin, Fly, Silver Convention
15. Love Hangover, Diana Ross
16. Get Close, Seals and Crofts
17. More, More, More, Andrea True Connection
18. Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen
19. Misty Blue, Dorothy Moore
20. Boogie Fever, Sylvers
21. I'd Really Love To See You Tonight, England Dan and John Ford Coley
22. You Sexy Thing, Hot Chocolate
23. Love Hurts, Nazareth
24. Get Up And Boogie, Silver Convention
25. Take It To The Limit, Eagles

Comments:
Fave: "Love is Alive" by Gary Wright
Most hated: "Love Hurts" by Nazareth
Don't remember: "Lady Disco", "Love Hangover", "Misty Blue"
 
Love: Play that Funky...
Hate: Afternoon Delight
Didn't Diana Ross just write Love Hangover yesterday?
 
Love: Play that Funky Music (must be a Heather Thing)

Hate: Love Hurts (must be a Joe thing)

Can't Remember Get Up & Boogie

Joe, I also like Love is Alive, but I REALLY like the kick-ass version on the picnic CD. I cannot play that song loudly enough.
 
Nell let's go see Adrian Belew w/ Joe. I feel like a Lone Rhinoceros.
 
Gingey, there you are! I've been missing you.

Love: "Bohemian Rhapsody." Also love "Love Hurts," regardless of the opinions of others, it has kick-ass vocal lines and was a great slow dance song. Do any of you remember slow dancing? ;-) I also like "Love is Alive," though.

Hate: 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, Afternoon Delight.

Don't remember Get Up and Boogie
 
Ging, That's THIS Saturday!
 
Yep, I'm back until the pirated internet wanks out. Kim, sing us a few bars of "Love Hurts"
 
I KNOW it isn't true
I know it isn't true
Love is just a lie
Made to make you blue

Love hurts...OOOOooooooooooo...love hurts (*sigh*)
 
Oh, You are gooood girl!
 
Yeah, baby, in oh, so many ways.
 
That's Joan Osborne from a couple of albums ago doing LiA. It is pretty kick-ass, isn't it?
 
um, I hate all of the songs on that list...deeply.
 
This was the year I discovered Tull through the "Songs from the Wood" ablum. Very important year for me, musically speaking.

All these other songs are in my iPod and get played in the OR...oh, 15 to 17 times a day, I treasure them so.

Doesn't England Dan live in a mobile home park outside of Mahoning now?

Wait with shivers of anticipation for the top 25, 1977-80....
 
Yikes.....believe it or not, I had no interest in music at all until 1977. Being the eldest Hansmann sib I did not have an older bro or sis to influence my sociological tastes.

I remember it was after a swim meet in Johnstown when we beat Richland, a team we weren't expected to beat. Afterwards the coach took us to the mall for ice cream. Jim Gordon pulled me into a National Rip-Off Mart to look over some records. I wasn't that interested, but he put an album into my hands and said, "You have got to get this as it is THEE best album out right now." For some reason, I bought it and "Seconds Out" by Genesis became the first rock record I owned.

As for these top 25 of 1976, I recall several, but I do not have any faves here. For the majority of these, I would change the radio station or turn it off if one of thse tunes came on.
 
Boz bought my sister Alice Cooper, Killer. for her birthday. My parents freaked.

Pardon the Boz non-sequitur, there hasn't been one in a while.
 
Here are some dumb songs from the seventies that I will admit to liking:

Popcorn - Hot Butter

Jungle Fever -Chakachas (yeah I know it was in Pulp Fiction so everyone knows it now)

Hot Rod Lincoln - Cammander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen

Lovin' You - Minnie Ripperton

Pop Muzik - M

Bad Blood - Neil Sedaka
 
I admit to enjoying "Pop Muzik" too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?