9.21.2006

 

Close Encounters

So, Joe worked with Robert Wilson, and had a Fine ARTistic association with Dizzy Gillespie. Ron has schmoozed with Alex Trebek and Jimmy Stewart. Last year, on the same fine May day in D.C., I had my photo taken with former Senator George Mitchell and shook hands with Franco Harris (who promptly raced away across the street at a speed rivaling his immaculate reception TD run). We have all worked with the legendary director who lends his name to the blog--and who is now one of its contributors. Can Tabishland produce more gripping tales of close encounters with the famous?

Comments:
Apparently not.

Blonely (BLOWN-lee). adj.
state of blog post that receives no comments, and sits, exposed, alone, as other posts blump it.
 
You'll be okay Jeff. We still love you. Although if you and Tim continue with all this blanguage, I'll never get the blictionary done.
 
Blogaloney: inflated claim which is made to blog-mates and ultimately proven false.

Ex: Joe worked the mixer during Pablo Cruise's 1983 "Cruise Control" tour.
 
Hmm...close encounters with celebs...Well, David Loughery of Camper Van Beethoven/Cracker fame visited my store while passing through town many years ago. He gave me an advance tape of the first Cracker LP.

I've met a ton of other musicians: Rob Hirst of Midnight Oil; Henry Rollins of Black Flag; Colin Moulding of XTC; Adam Clayton of U2; John Hiatt; Chris Smither; Corey Harris; Paul Westerburg, Tommy Stinson, and Bob Stinson of the Replacements...

Hmm...I best stop here... Few of these are as cool as the Diz and I don't think I can do much better with the rest.
 
Revised definition for "blonely":
"characteristic of blumped blait, perhaps bloked by its creator, but otherwise comshunned."

COM-shun: blog post that gets no comments.
 
When Hansmann tells us he dated Stevie Nicks too, I'm going to call him on his blogaloney.

Bluck, another verifard.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?