2.04.2008

 

A question for Mr. Soup Etiquette

Dear Mr. Soup Etiquette,

I have a question about gazpacho: can you eat it during the regular soup eating season (Fall-Spring)? I know it is traditionally eaten in the summer, but it's okay to eat it in winter too, right? My lovely girlfriend Roweena says it's for summer only. I say ALL soup can be eaten in the soup season, but only a few soups are legal in the summer, gazpacho being one of them.

We have a bet riding on this -- if I win, she has to dress up like Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider for a month; if she wins, I have to dress up like Angelina Jolie in Tomb Raider for a month. Please settle this once and for all.

Comments:
Oh, and Mr. Soup Etiquette, it's not like I mind dressing up like Lara Croft. Black leather and weapons are kind of a turn-on you know? But seriously, who eats cold soup in the winter?
 
Noog and Roweena,

Indeed, Gazpacho can be eaten year round. If it is one of the few soups allowed to be eaten in the summer, then it logically can be eaten in the winter. Some odd-ducks do prefer a cold soup in the winter. This would be great with a fresh bagette from the oven.

Please do not post your images dressed as Lara Croft. I'm trying to enjoy my soup.

Mr. Soup Etiquette
 
Whew! I'm back after procuring the last bits of the costume. I needed a whip to get through the crowds but I stopped long enough for a bowl of soup. Noog get ready!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?