1.01.2010

 

Happy New Year!

Happy 2010, everyone. We are truly ensconced in "the future" now and I choose to view this as a possitive thing rather than a death knell. Really.

How did you spend New Years Eve? Last night was the first time in close to twenty years we did not spend it with our friends the Woods. So I made a semi-traditional New Years dinner for the fam, we had a lovely time, and then went our separate ways. Karl headed up to bed early, I tuned the harpsichord, the boys went to friends houses. Rhys, however, came home before midnight so we watched the ball drop together...well, except if you were watching the Dick Clark New Years special (probably a mistake for oh-so-many reasons), you also noticed that after talking about the damned ball for ten minutes...the dimentions, weight, etc. They didn't SHOW THE DAMNED THING DROP. I could go on.

Well, just this once, television fails to please, but other than that, a lovely and sober New Years all around for me. Today I will clean my office, read, spend time with Karl and the boys, and go to a party next door. And I will be thinking of you all. XOXO!

Comments:
Morning Kim, and all! HNY a day late. I worked all day New Year's Eve, filling in for a vacationing friend, so by 7PM I was exhausted. The girls were at parties; I, like Karl, went to bed early. Many years ago I loved watching Dick Clark but that fancy has now passed. People around here set off fireworks at midnight so I knew when it was officially 2010 and that was plenty for me.

I am SO looking forward to 2010 and all the GOOD things it might bring. I am DEF looking forward to 50 and many celebrations! I am trying to live more simply. As always I am ever grateful for long-lasting meaningful friendships! Here's to 2010!
 
Thanks, Nell - very cheering and postive words. It makes me look forward to 2010, too! I'm glad you enjoyed your New Year.
 
Hi Friends!

I spent New Years Eve in a coastal hotel outside of Yaughts OR. After spending some time with my son Jacob in Portland, I treated my self to a leisurely drive south on Hwy 101 along the Oregon coast. It is a stunningly beautiful and a wonderfully mind cleansing experience.

I drove until sunset, got a room with an oceanveiw and ordered pizza to be delivered! I flipped through the channels and was hoping to find a rerun of Guy Lombardo playing Auld Lang Syne, but no such luck. I instead watched Kathy Griffith poke fun at Anderson Cooper...at midnight I stood on my balcony and toasted the ocean.

Have a listen on me ladies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHxfkKm0Ck

This brings out "The Weep" in me every time. Kim remember how you used to call me that???

Lots of love and happiness this year!
 
"The weep," yes, I do, my darling. I loved hearing that, thanks. That music is so memorable and yet so achingly far away. Sigh.

I'm so glad you had fun....wish we could all be there!
 
Girls, I think we should plan on celebrating our birthdays TOGETHER somewhere, sometime this year!
 
This is what I've been saying!...only I was saying it to the guys as well...
 
I didn't mean to segregate. Guys can join in too. I'd like to celebrate this year with whomever!
 
Are there guys on this blog?
 
Yeah, that was kinda my thought...;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?