9.25.2009

 

Another change of seasons

Cue Buffalo Tom:::



Each year I come back to this song as summer comes to a close. If you are a baseball fan, the season changes can mean pennant fever. BUT, if you are still a Pirate fan, it means enduring another losing season (17!) and watching young players flail in the worst stretch of games ever played in Pittsburgh. Oddly, my new hometown team of the Indians are doing the very same thing.

Hey Ian, how 'bout them Nationals? Or maybe the O's?

Of course, Stiller Nell would remind us of the new FOOTBALL season, and I am happy to see the young Penguins start up another hockey season after winning the grandest trophy of all.

And for those who do not follow sports, you may now enjoy hot soup again. You have my permission. Has anyone had a good bowl of soup in the last few days? A turkey-based batch is in my immediate future. Yum.

Comments:
NOT a sports fan, but I have to say, Eric, a container of frozen vegetable soup at the kosher deli caught my eye yesterday and I bought it. You must have been sending out vibes.
 
Ah it was a crushing weekend for me with not one, but TWO football losses--the Nittany Lions and then the Steelers. I don't even know how to comment on them except to say "We'll get 'em next time!" I LOVE baseball and PNC is a rockin' park but oy, the Pirates. I tell Sean stories of the Pirates of our youth.

And I was thinking of soup yesterday Eric! I'm finally done w/ gazpacho for the year. On to the Fall Soups!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?