11.14.2006

 

More Recipes for Thanksgiving

Here's the recipe I promised a couple of days ago. It's yummy and good for your heart, too! I think it's originally from a heart-healthy cookbook in Richard's collection.

Holiday Yams

2 large Red Delicious apples, sliced
1/3 C chopped pecans
1/3 C brown sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1 28 oz can yams, drained
1 C miniature marshmallows (I never used these...I thought it was sweet enough)


Toss the apples with the pecans, sugar and cinnamon. Put the drained yams in a 1 1/2 qt. casserole and poke the apples between the yams. Cover and bake 35 - 45 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with marshmallows and broil 6 - 8 minutes.

Comments:
Thanks Julianne! I love these recipes. Anyone else care to contribute, feel free.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?