11.12.2008

 

Movin' On









My lovely wife Cheryl has accepted the position of VP for Academic Affairs and Dean of the College at Hiram College in Ohio.

http://news.hiram.edu/?p=1543

She will be starting in June, so we will be moving to the metro-Cleveland area this spring. We have just agreed on a sale price for a house in Chagrin Falls (pictured above-dumpster not included). Cheryl will have a 20 minute commute to the Hiram campus. Not sure what I'll do, but I'm not worried about that. The Cleveland area does have more employment possibilities than the entire state of WV, I think I can find something interesting.

Cheryl and I arrived in Morgantown in the summer of 1985. This will be an exciting move for us.

So, there is a future Tabishland meeting possibility in the Western Reserve, not far off of the Turnpike and close to a major city. There is plenty of space, but no pool.

Comments:
WOW!! Congratulations, Eric! That's very exciting. It's really hard to imagine you not being at WVU. Still, moving to a completely new state after 20+ years in the same place sounds like a lot of fun. Shoot, it almost sounds exotic, which is perhaps not normally the word that first comes to mind when thinking of Ohio.

You'll have to look up Kurt Stedge, he's in Ohio, although I'm having trouble remembering the exact town. He'd know, though. ;-)

Funny...Nell and I were talking about getting all of us together next summer, and we thought of Cleveland as a possibility. Probably too early after the move for you for company, though...perhaps the year after.
 
Cool! First order of business is a membership to the R&R Museum. If you ever stop by Oberlin, say hi to everyone for me. Seriously, they have a great music and opera series there that might be worth season tickets and the town is the quintessential small midwest college town crawling with artsy NYC neurotics who "didn't want to go to an Ivy league school, anyway".

I think Bone is in Akron.
 
No, Bone is somewhere around Dayton.

Are you out there Kurt?

Joe, can you give Kurt a re-invite so he can join us?
 
congrats Cheryl & Eric. I love moving- it's a great new adventure!
 
Congratulations, Eric. Nice house and an impressive press release. I was "spousal trailer" not too long ago and now I feel fully engaged in the new place. In fact, I'm Da Chair. So you never know how things will work out. I'm sure you'll thrive. I have good memories of northern Ohio (except I remember this one guy with a high forehead, brainy guy, Renaissance-man type, kinda looked like Mike Farrell in MASH....)
 
Is it the photo angle or does this have a Wes Craven sort of feel?
 
Thanks for the comments. Cheryl and I are pretty excited as this moves along. I think early next summer I will have some deck work to finish before we can really host an event. We will probably subject some Hiram folks to test whatever improvements are made.

I actually thought of checking into Oberlin's arts sched, but then I realized we should be supporting the place where the paycheck comes from first. There seem to be many music and theatre venues on the east side of the city.

As far as the photo, it's actually two images joined at the tree in the center. The camera lens was on wide-angle, so there is an odd effect going on there.

Is Wes Craven from Cleveland?

Go Tribe!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?